ABOUT US: Since 1977, ExtraMile Brands is a premier manufacturer and distributor of interiors, parts and accessories for the automotive aftermarket. Our brands include ‘Auto Accessories of America’ (Since 1977), ‘Corvette America’ (Since 1977), ‘Mr. Mustang’ (Since 1975), Onyx Covers (Since 1983), ‘Classic Fit Covers’, ‘Classic Car Dashes’ and ‘Mustang America’.
Purchasing Associate duties include coordinating and implementing processes used in purchasing raw materials and products sold to customers. Assure orders arrive accurately and on time. The Purchasing Associate is also responsible for product research and communicating changes.
- Enter purchase order data into computer and proof for accuracy and submit to vendors.
- Compare ordering records with records of appropriate vendors assuring appropriate items arrive when expected. Update information in computer accordingly when variances to expectations occur.
- Assure ordered products arrive on time by communicating with vendors prior to the product’s arrival date. Communicate with sales department when product does not arrive on time.
- Coordinate return of items to vendors. Process necessary paperwork to complete the return transaction.
- Research customer special request items. Locate a vendor that carries the item, identify the cost of the items, and estimate time needed to receive the item and forward to customer.
- Select items to be ordered with information from suggested order report.
- Provide weekly updates regarding departmental activities and achievements.
- Assist in the maintenance of all PDI (Product, Data & Imaging) required for ordering purposes.
- Maintain strict controls over purchasing to control spending and inventory levels
- Supply Chain:
– Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and third-party brokers.
– Maintain supplier evaluation & scorecard.
- Other Duties as assigned
SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent and level of experience which provides incumbent with the appropriate level of knowledge needed to excel in the position.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic math skills and ability to type accurately and quickly.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Data Management Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Excel: Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with analyzing large
sets of data
– Word & Outlook: Excellent written communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of automotive products, brands and terminology a PLUS
- Experience working in an AS400 Environment a PLUS
Subject to prolonged periods of utilizing computers. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, squat, and lift or move up to 15 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS:
Works in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment. The position is subject to repetitive motions of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
ABILITY TO COMMUTE/RELOCATE:
- Reedsville, PA 17084: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
WORK LOCATION: One location