The Director of Sales is responsible for developing & implementing strategy, sales plans, and forecasts; leading the company’s sales efforts by analyzing sales data and providing suggestions for future marketing and promotions; and ensuring the day-to-day operations within the Sales department run efficiently.
- Participates in formulating, implementing, communicating, and administering company and sales department policies and developing and implementing short and long-term goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Takes overall responsibility for “B2B” and “B2C” account prospecting, growth, maintenance, and support to maximize sales and profitability.
- Collect and analyze sales data to create sales forecasts and evaluate each market segment, organize data for reporting purposes to the Management and Marketing/Advertising teams. Use collected data to identify and communicate trends such as customer behavior, for future marketing efforts.
- In collaboration with the Sales Manager, provides supervision to the Inside Sales Representatives, by communicating necessary information that affects their responsibilities, establishing individual short and long-term goals related to overall company goals, and providing leadership for the sales team members’ growth and development.
- Communicates cross-departmentally with Purchasing, Shipping, Order Processing to prevent pricing and shipping errors, report any discontinued items ordered, and provide special order guidance in an effort to provide outstanding customer service.
- In conjunction with Accounting and Sales Administration, identify and process any returns, refunds, and credits; identify customers or house accounts with outstanding AR and establish methods of collections to reduce/eliminate outstanding AR; and identify and document ways to prevent credit card fraud.
- Other duties assigned by the President/CEO.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field and 5 years’ experience in a sales management role or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the automotive aftermarket industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The Director of Sales must possess:
- Visionary leadership
- Financial acumen
- Working knowledge of strategic planning processes and implementation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and a results driven mentality
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and presentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience with AS 400 or the ability to learn and operate efficiently within the program
ABOUT US: ExtraMile Brands has manufactured and distributed automotive parts, accessories, and performance products for over 40 years! As a collective whole, our family of brands and experts pride ourselves in providing high-quality parts and super customer service to the global aftermarket community of automotive enthusiasts. Our brands include Auto Accessories of America, Corvette America, and TopFlight Automotive!
Total annual compensation range is $88,000 – 140,000, commensurate with experience.
The Director of Sales position is not eligible for remote work.
Relocation assistance available.